Buyers Business Terms & Conditions
17.5% of the hammer price + VAT
20% + Vat for Fine Art Sales
- Bidders must register at our office prior to the commencement of the sale to receive their individual paddle number. Please signal to the Auctioneer that you are bidding by clearly raising your hand, catalogue or paddle number.
- Commission Bids are accepted at the sender’s risk and without legal obligation. We prefer to accept bids by in writing by fax, post or telephone. Emailed bids will need to be later confirmed by fax, post or telephone. Bids must be left with the Auctioneer by 5.00pm. the day before the sale.
- Commission bids are carried out free of charge and lots will be bought for you as cheaply as is allowed by competing bids or reserves already on our books.
- Bids are subject to the Standard Conditions of Sale which are on display in the showroom and available on request.
- Payment must be received within 3 days of the sale and may be made in cash, cheque, bank transfer, debit card (36p charge) or credit card (2% plus VAT charge). Payments by cheque will delay the delivery of your purchase until funds are cleared. If you have registered to bid live online, payment may be taken from your debit or credit card immediately following the Auction. Payments by debit card or credit card are no longer accepted over the telephone. Payments by card can only be made in person at the Auction rooms, however bank transfers are acceptable and full details can be given upon request. Please contact Karen Stuckey 0208 508 4800 email@example.com with any payment enquiries.
- Unless otherwise arranged, all lots must be collected within 3 days of the sale.
- Goods left on our premises – whether paid for or not – for more than 3 days after the date of the sale will be charged £10 + VAT per lot per day & shall be payable to Boningtons. This applies to all types of objects whether big or small. In the event of storage charges accrued becoming in excess of the invoice total of the item(s), possession of the item(s) will revert to Boningtons and storage charges in excess of the invoice total will become payable to Boningtons.
- If you require postage and packing please contact the Auction rooms for our terms and conditions.
- Estimates and Descriptions
The condition of items is not given in the catalogue. Buyers must satisfy themselves as to the condition of lots. We attempt to mention major restorations and alterations. The estimated selling price is a guide for the buyer, but is not to be taken as definitive. Dimensions are given height before width. Purchasers are advised to take their own measurements to guard against any unseen catalogue error.
- Electrical Goods.
Any lot with an electrical fitting must be checked by a qualified electrician before connecting to a mains electrical supply. Boningtons cannot be held responsible for any contravention of this condition. (Electrical lots are sold disabled, as far as is reasonable to discourage any unchecked use)
- Whilst Boningtons make every effort to ensure accuracy in the cataloguing of lots offered for sale, each lot is offered for sale by the vendor with any imperfections or errors of descriptions. Boningtons do not accept responsibility as to the authenticity, date, age, period, provenance, attribution or condition of any lot. All statements either printed in the catalogue or made orally regarding the above are statements of opinion only and are not to be taken as implying any warranties or representations of fact by Boningtons.
Thank you for choosing Boningtons, The Essex Auctioneers